Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back to One of Our Favorite Places on Earth That We Can Afford to Go to Every Summer

DSC_0271

  It’s just not summer vacation unless we start with our annual camping trip to Silver Springs with Candy and her family.  I’m totally up to date.  This is June 2010.

DSC_0206

 For some reason this pictures reminds me of an old pollock joke.   I never actually knew what a pollock was when I was a kid-- I pictured triangular little cartoon people with stick arms.  But how many does it take to cut through a good sized log anyway?

DSC_0267

 Candy prefers to push over dead tree stumps to cutting them down.

DSC_0230

 This is Jim’s job.  Figure out once again how to get Candy’s fancy schmancy new tent up.

DSC_0231

 Lincoln is just waiting for something to schmack. 

DSC_0273

Ahhh.  Home sweet home – for the Troxels, anyway. 

DSC_0227

There’s no end to the games these ladies make up.  But sometimes they are so coordinated and fast that it’s actually fun to watch. 

DSC_0218

 This is pure unadulterated excitement just waiting to explode.

DSC_0236

Reya just loved being included in anything exciting, interesting, or dangerous to a baby’s health that went on.

DSC_0244

Shonda and Billy have one cute little girl.  So do Candy and Dana.

DSC_0250

It’s nice to have an Aunt Cosette that just loves being slobbered with kisses.

DSC_0257

 Fire Power.  Yes, we love it.  Especially the piles of laundry that smell like smoke just waiting for some attention after the party’ s over.

DSC_0282

Off on our hike that only the more mature part of the group appreciate solely for the scenery.

DSC_0287

Tough call on who is cuter. . .

DSC_0289

 

DSC_0284

 

DSC_0293

I just don’t see what the problem is hiking beside beautiful little waterfalls and noisy rushing water even though there is no amazing destination.  You can tell I was never a kid.

DSC_0372

 

DSC_0303

We got stopped checking out a massive tree that had been hit by lightning. 

DSC_0380

 Lincoln is sure he has taken his last step for the day.

DSC_0385

Jarin showed up on his motorcycle, having driven hours clear from Marysville  through nasty Seattle freeways—and all in one piece.  This doesn’t beat knife throwing for excitement, but much more impressive.

DSC_0406

My guess is that they just saw the eency weency spider going down something that it shouldn’t have.

DSC_0412

My next guess is that someone just saw something on someone else’s face that didn’t belong there and neither one of them knows which one has that something on their face and so they just keep wiping.

Nice end to a camping trip.  And that’s all that I feel like doing at three in the morning when I can’t sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Oh mom, that looked like so much fun, I'm sad I missed it. I love Dallin's face. That was a great picture. and you got really good ones of Reya. and the girls. and of Dad. the 3 of them with the log made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dallin, you need to learn to show your emotions more.It almost looks like you're bored. But that would just be silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, its true, my expressions are sometimes...ummm, expressionless. I blame it on Nathan

    ReplyDelete