Sunday, July 29, 2012

Morning Walks This Side of Heaven

 

DSC_8186

Have I mentioned how much I love this place?

DSC_8177

There’s often something very magical happening out my bedroom window to the east about 5:30 in the morning, and more times than I can count, it has caused me to run for my camera.  Thursday morning, I decided to do more than stand on our patio in pj’s for pictures.  I got dressed as fast as I could, skipped the make up, grabbed my camera, and headed for the pond at the entrance to our subdivision.

DSC_8179

I wasn’t disappointed.  I had been by here the morning before, and the colors in the sunrise on the pond stopped me in my tracks.  It was downright painful not to have my camera.  I was hoping for a repeat performance this morning, and although there were no pinks and oranges and reds and yellows, it was still beautiful.

DSC_8189

There’s plenty of wildlife around the water.  I watched this goldfinch enjoying the sunrise as well.  I believe we both departed rather abruptly at about the time we smelled the skunk.  Didn’t seem to phase the deer below  at all.

  DSC_8194

 

DSC_8188

 

DSC_8191

Standing right there at the pond and looking to the west you can see our chapel.  Jim and I have walked to church Sunday morning several times now.  I just stuff my Sunday shoes in my purse and we take off.

DSC_8200

This creek runs through the subdivision  for about a mile.  I walk here every morning and often at night with Jim.

DSC_8223

There are always plants in bloom.  Red Hot Pokers have become a new personal favorite, even though this one has about had the biscuit.

DSC_8198

DSC_8219

You can see where the fire went through here last month on the left hand side.

DSC_8159

This was another sunrise this week.

DSC_8165

This is the beginning of the sunrise that turned the pond incredible colors on Wednesday  when I didn’t have a camera.  It’s amazing what will get me out of bed in the mornings at indecent hours.

3 comments:

  1. We do have beautiful sunrises and sunsets here. Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom those are so pretty! I wish we could come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you took those! those pictures are so pretty! they seem more like postcards. I'm so excited to come!!

    ReplyDelete