Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Acute Observations

 

July 3, 1997

We just sat down to a spaghetti dinner tonight when Jamie, (almost 2) decided she didn't want baby food, as has been happening a lot lately, so Jim got up to put some spaghetti and a little of the steamed zucchini in the blender and fed her that.

Jamie, Marci and Nate 1997 001

Nathan (4) decided he needed to supervise and so he sat on the counter watching.  He wasn’t there too long before he decided he’d seen enough.  He came back to the table and very disgustedly said, “Daddy’s making throw-up.”

Jamie wasn’t so discriminating.  She ate it all.

 

July 6, 1997

Yesterday I was driving the Toyota home from church and I had Nathan (4) and a couple of the older boys with me.  The steering wheel has been really hard to turn and I was telling the kids how miserable it was to try and get it to move.  The boys were telling me what it PROBABLY was when Nathan added his assessment and told me I needed to turn the engine on. 

Jamie, Marci and Nate 1997 001

I informed him that it WAS on.  I don’t know why he felt so responsible to come up with a solution, but I could tell he was still mulling it over in his mind.  He thought another minute more and then announced very authoritatively,

“Well, I know what’s wrong with this car.  It was made in Japan.”

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I don't remember hearing those stories, that's funny. Nathan can be so clever sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah this makes me really miss Nathan. How did Nate even now that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did Nathan acquire this hatred of Japan?

    ReplyDelete