Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Potential

  DSC_4458

Well, today let’s talk about what one can learn from a pumpkin.  These pumpkins bloomed where they were not planted.  Surely there is a lesson in there somewhere.  Let me know if you come up with one.  Nevertheless, these are happy pumpkins.  It is very possible they shall be made into different forms of pumpkin goodness, like pumpkin soup or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  Right now they just make me happy sitting on our patio having surprised us all with their good cheer and orange-ness.  I am sure they are very determined and adventurous in character, and most assuredly appreciate beauty as they became best friends with my lilac bushes in their youth.  Their potential is positively prodigious.  (Look it up.)

5 comments:

  1. Lol, you randomly grew pumpkins? That sounds odd, this is a nice batch of pictures though, impressive what Grandpa accomplished while he was up there, that entire system looks like it would have taken a bit of work. As far as your kids though, looks like you just got to get rid of one more before you're in the clear. Stay strong but watch it, it looks like this last one can run

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Dallin is funny! yeah, ummm Mom, how big did the pumpkins get compared to ones you can buy in stores? They look so cute though, just like fall. You did such a great job on these blogs. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! Those got huge! that's crazy that you didn't even plant them there, hopefully there will be pumpkin goodness when we get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pumpkins are actually very tiny. I didn't realize how big they looked from the picture. Don't trust photos, I guess. Who knows how they got there, I sure don't. thanks for the comments. Brownie points for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for brownie points!!! I think I'm winning. You should put something in comparison to them, so we can see, like a penny!

    ReplyDelete