Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oh, Mercy, it’s Marci

 

May 12, 1997

I just about felt like crying today, actually, I did shed a few tears of self-pity as I contemplated the chaos my 2 1/2 year old had created in one short hour. Jamie, Marci and Nate 1997 001

Usually, I just buck up and take it like a grown woman, but today, it was too much. 

She started with dumping a huge Lego bucket out on the floor and then, sitting in the middle of the pile, she spread them as far as she could in every direction.  She then dumped another bucket of toys and miscellaneous junk in the family room and spread them in with the Legos. She went up to Dallin’s room and took several dozen of his books off his shelf after ripping the box that one set of books sat in and then she scattered them.  She went into Devin and Darren’s room and did major mischief in there, scattering the money in their banks, spreading the things that were sitting on their shelves, along with other odds and ends that I can’t, at this point, remember.  She made a pit stop in the laundry room to dump out the clean clothes,  throw the dirty ones in with the clean ones and the clean ones into the washer that was running.  And now that I have recounted the first five minutes worth, I can’t even remember the rest of the hour, so I will stop.  But sometimes I think, “How can I EVER keep up with her?”  I can’t live paddling her bottom, or warning her that I will.  

But she sure tries to make up for it with lots of “I love you’s” and personality and hugs.  Someday she’s going to make quite a splash in this world.  There is a very bright sparkle in her eye.  Maybe it’s contemplated future mischief – I don’t know.

2 comments:

  1. So did I turn out okay, Mom? haha. I'm sorry for all the grief and tears I put you through!! Really! I think you did a pretty awesome job. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha it's funny to think that that little girl was Marci. Little trouble maker, you can't really tell it with that smile

    ReplyDelete