Sunday, October 12, 2014

Memorable Moments from a Mother’s Memoirs: Dallin age 5

Spending a week with the flu isn’t fun, but it did leave me with time to pick up an old journal and

visit my life as it was some 23 years ago as a young mother with three little boys and a baby girl. 

I made a goal to start recording some of these memorable moments. I have many journals

through the years raising all seven kids, so I might just do a little random journal hopping.  What I

wouldn’t have given to have my Nikon Digital SLR camera back then.

 

Today’s entry is dated May 19, 1991 and features Dallin, the oldest, who was five at the time.

Scan_Pic0003

 

“Dallin is growing up (slowly). His prayers have been getting more sincere and from the heart. 

They’re not particularly flattering at times, but they’re sincere.  One lunch when he was asking the blessing,

he said, “. . . and please help Mommy’s fat tummy to go away.”

A couple of mornings ago, he ended with  “ . . . and help us so we won’t fight

and have time-outs and bless Devin so he won’t tattle like he usually does.”

Nothing like a kid to put you in your place.

4 comments:

  1. Snitches get stitches yo. Devin had it coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said still cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, Devin had it coming for being a tattle tale. That's hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like he usually does, heh, that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete