Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Memorable Moments from a Mother’s Memoirs: Dallin age 6

Jim and I just watched a video segment tonight on bullying from a

talk by Pres. Uchtdorf.  This memorable moment means a

lot to me because it showed something very important

about Dallin’s heart.

Scan_Pic0005

 

January 10, 1992

“I worked at Dallin’s school again today.  I wanted to write down

something he did.  The girl next to him was not feeling well

and ended up going home.  But she was laying her head down 

and Dallin noticed and asked, “Are you sad, Ashley?”  She must’ve

told him she didn’t feel well.  Then a new little boy that just moved

here started pointing at her and laughing and kept trying to get

Dallin to join him.  Dallin looked at him very defiantly and said,

“I’m not going to laugh at her.”

Times like these make everything I do as a mother to teach my

children worth it.  Well said, Dallin.

No comments:

Post a Comment