Monday, October 13, 2014

Memorable Moments from a Mother’s Memoirs: Darren, Age 3

 

Scan_Pic0004

June 7, 1992

Darren finally passed the potty-training hurdle at the tender young age of nearly 3 1/2.

I thought for sure we would be sending him to school in diapers.  He’s quite the kid.

And still just as honest as ever about his “evil ways.”

Last week he says to me as I was making dinner, “Mom, would you go upstairs?

I’m NOT going to take all these little cars outside.”

(He had a little bundle of cars under his shirt he was holding onto

that he’s not allowed to take outside anymore because whatever

he takes outside gets buried in Tyler’s backyard in the dirt.)

What’s nice about him is that he always clues me in on whatever mischief

he is going to make by telling me what he is “not” going to do,

and asking me to leave so that he can do it . . .

This skill has made him who he is today.

Darren-Incognito_thumb

3 comments: