Friday, October 17, 2014

Nathan, Almost 3 -- Memorable Moments from a Mother’s Memoirs

 

Scan_Pic0007

February 1, 1996

Nathan has given it to me like it really is.  The other day he looked me

in the eyes and said so seriously, “Mom, you are SO special . . .

and SO ugly.”  How’s that for the innocent honesty of a 2-year old.

Maybe he didn’t really  know what ugly meant.

The other night I was putting his pj’s on and was concerned about

these marks that I keep seeing appear on his tummy.  They are

dark circles of various sizes and they have me worried, though they

do go away after a couple of days.  I looked in the medical book to see

if I might get any help and read about hives and stuff.  Hives itch, it says,

so I asked Nathan if those spots itched.  He said, “Yes, they do.” 

I wasn’t really sure if he knew what that meant and I said,

“Nate, do you know what ‘itch’ means?”

“What??” 

Some help he was.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure he did not know what ugly meant because you are just plain beautiful. Thanks for doing these blogs - they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dad! Nate was hilarious though! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I was a rude child. I blame my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol'; DROP TABLE members; --

    ReplyDelete