Wednesday, October 15, 2014

To Jamie From the Men in her Family Who Knew Her So Well

Once upon a time, Jamie had a birthday and received beautiful poetry from her

brothers and father that only her immediate family could ever appreciate.  Enjoy.

DSC_8323

(Original spelling and punctuation retained for authenticity)

 

“One day a fair maiden was a walking

the next day the same fair maiden was a sleeping

the day after that the maiden was typing

and then she was sleeping again.

then she wrote in her journal and read her scriptures.

Bwahahaha!

-- from Darren

DSC_5973

 

 

****************************

Jamie is blue

So is byu

she likes turtles

And her name isn’t Murtle

-from Nathan

DSC_6603

********************************

There once was a girl from the coast

Who often and loudly did boast

Of her intelligence vaunted

her flute playing she flaunted

Until she was killed and came back as a ghost

-  from Dallin

DSC_6072

      *******************************

Though it seems that you might favor the flute

or even a piano for your noisy pursuits

if anyone knows you

they see it is untrue

compared to your sports volume you’re mute

-  From Devin

DSC_8257

***********************************

Jamie, Jamie

What can I say about you?

You are amazing

All of the things you do

If I were a better writer

I’d come up with words to-nighter

But since I can’t,  I‘ll do a little dance

And just say that I love you

-from Dad

DSC_9418

 

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I think Devin's is my favorite, it's quite clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So first off the poems are amazing. It's funny how well they describe Jamie. And second, I love the pictures! Mom, they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Devin is a mastermind of poetry! How did we not see this before!

    ReplyDelete