Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Secret Competitions and Strange Combinations

DSC_0566

Dallin, our other breed of “Cougar,”  is home from WSU in Pullman for his spring break this week and things ALWAYS  get more interesting when he is here.  He likes to make things happen and isn’t content to just sit around like some others in the family might be, but is constantly organizing different activities.  There is another benefit to having him around.  He’s good for a dozen or so hugs a day, and he doesn’t just stand there and hug me, he scratches my  back at the same time.  Oh my.  I have two spots on my back that are always in need of a good scratch, and it’s like heaven to get some action there.  Last night as he was giving me this blessed hug with all its perfectly placed scratching, he tells me that he has finally figured out why I never wanted a dog:   too much competition. 

DSC_0088_edited-1

Marci likes to create,  and one area that gets some of her attention is the kitchen -- she makes chocolate chip cookies that are my idea of perfection.  But she also isn’t afraid to try things that are a little more “out there.”  The other night, she came upstairs to tell me about her latest experiment.  She had been hungry for a treat and decided to try something different.  She described how she had taken a flour tortilla and covered it in peanut butter and then jelly and then folded it like an envelope and toasted it on the griddle.  Then after a thoughtful pause, she very enthusiastically told me how it tasted “JUST LIKE a flour tortilla spread with peanut butter and jelly and folded like an envelope and then toasted on the griddle.”  Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wonder if Marci does random stuff just so Mom will put her in her blog...

    ReplyDelete